Eastern Virginia Career College is a private college located in Fredericksburg, Virginia. It was originally acquired as an unaccredited Health and Beauty Academy in 2000, and developed into Career Training Solutions, a post secondary institution nationally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE) in 2002. The school’s first Associate degree program, Registered Nursing, was introduced in 2008. In August, 2015, the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia approved Career Training Solutions as a “degree granting” institution once a second Associates of Applied Science degree program, Occupational Therapy Assistant, was added to its educational offerings. This new status inspired the name change to Eastern Virginia Career College.
Today, Eastern Virginia Career College is the region’s first career college dedicated to adult career education. The college has Nursing, Allied Health, Wellness and Beauty, and General Education departments. EVCC offers certificate programs in Practical Nurse Education, Medical Assistant, Massage Therapy, Esthetics/Master Esthetics, Nurse Aide, Nail and Wax Technicians. In addition, students in degree programs are now able to complete their prerequisite college courses at EVCC.
The college’s strategic plan includes focused, student-centered education and providing service/learning experiences in our community. For 15 years, Career Training Solutions, now EVCC, has achieved its fundamental mission to educate and train students to be professionals in career fields that employers regionally and nationally are demanding for their workforce.
Eastern Virginia Career College understands that advancements in education and training are made each day. It is our goal to prepare our students for the changes in industry by providing quality education and training that is focused on hands-on experiences using the most current technology available.
The mission of Eastern Virginia Career College is to provide exceptional learning opportunities through student-focused instruction in the classroom, online, and through labs, clinics, and work-based experience. This collaborative educational process prepares caring, reflective, and skilled professionals who act with ethical regard and informed awareness as they enter their chosen career field.
We envision a uniquely different 21st-century career college experience in which our graduates become lifelong learners and advocates for all people within their communities.
Approvals, Memberships, and Professional Affiliations
- Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Authorized by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Regulatory Board’s State Board of Nursing to conduct registered nurse education, practical nurse education, and nurse aide programs
- Certificate to Operate issued by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV)
- Participant in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) for providing Distance Education
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork approved provider (450811-08)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation – Virginia Board for Barbers and Cosmetology
- Authorized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) to participate in Title IV programs
- Eligible institution for the training of eligible veterans by the Committee on Veteran’s Education, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Eligible institution for the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Scholarship Program
- Eligible institution for Vocational Rehabilitation training by the Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- Exam site for National Healthcareers Certification Testing
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP®) Test Center (2725)
- Member of the Fredericksburg, VA, Chamber of Commerce
Students with Disabilities
Eastern Virginia Career College is committed to providing equal educational access for individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1998, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments (ADAA) of 2008. An individual with a disability who is qualified for admission will have the same access to programs, services, and activities as all other students. EVCC will make reasonable accommodations unless doing so would fundamentally alter the nature of the service, program, or activity or if it poses an undue administrative or financial burden.
Our Policy on Discrimination
Eastern Virginia Career College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX Coordinator may be contacted regarding complaints of discrimination or harassment based on sex. The Title IX Coordinator may be contacted at: TitleIXCoordinator@evcc.edu.
As a recipient of federal aid, Eastern Virginia Career College must certify under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989 that it will take certain steps to provide a drug-free school and workplace. All members of the EVCC community are encouraged to review the information on the following pages. This information is distributed on an annual basis. Read about our policy here.